Bartlett Theater is delighted to be continuing its season with Nick Payne’s 2012 play, CONSTELLATIONS.
“A romantic bombshell!” –Variety
“A singular astonishment” –The New Yorker
“May be the most sophisticated date play Broadway has seen.” –The New York Times
Exploring the intricacies of both science and romance, CONSTELLATIONS is a love story with infinite possibilities. Payne’s award-winning script will have audiences traversing time and space, witnessing the relationship between Marianne, a cosmologist, and Roland, a beekeeper, unfold through an array of vignettes detailing the possible trajectories in which their love can progress. Defying the boundaries of what we believe to be true of our world and the people in it, CONSTELLATIONS raises challenging questions about the connection between love, choice, and destiny.
Featuring performances from Bartlett Theater favorites Emily Reider and Jon Parker Douglas, we will be mounting CONSTELLATIONS at Durham’s Northgate Stadium 10 Theater, where audiences experienced our production of Annie Baker’s THE FLICK last Fall.
Northgate Stadium 10 Theatre
1058 W Club Blvd
Durham, NC 27701
~80 minutes, no intermission
March 7-10, 14-17, & 21-24 // Thursdays–Saturdays at 7:30pm, Sundays at 3pm
$15 Students/Under 30 –– $22 Seniors/Educators/Active Military –– $25 General Admission
Donations made now are helping us to:
- Produce high quality, meaningful work that will build a devoted audience base
- Strengthen individual relationships and community partnerships that will help us further our mission
- Ensure that we are taking the widest range of people with us on this intimate and immersive storytelling journey
- Develop programs that meet the educational, cultural and social needs of our local schools and students
- Find a permanent home with strong bones and plenty of potential
- Renovate and adapt our permanent home into something welcoming, flexible and useful